十三

trece
+

"i should leave." taehyung said, meeting jimin's eyes. "it's already late."

jimin sighed, "okay."

the two headed upstairs and taehyung grabbed his stuff from jimin's room. once done, they walked back downstairs, passing by joy's closed room in the hallways. putting his jacket on, taehyung was wearing his shoes when the front door swung open and revealed jimin's parents.

"oh, taehyung-ah!" mrs. park exclaimed at the sight of the said boy. "are you leaving?"

"good evening, auntie and uncle." taehyung greeted with a smile and a slight bow. "yes, i'll be going home now since it's late."

"oh yeah?" jimin's dad raised his eyebrows. "have you eaten dinner yet? why don't you join us for dinner before leaving?"

"ah no, it's oka-"

"i insist. after all, it's been a while since we last saw you."

taehyung glanced at jimin for approval and he simply shrugged. switching his gaze back to the jimin's parents, he gave them a smile and reluctantly nodded.

"i guess i'll join you for dinner if you don't mind."

"great!" mrs. park beamed. "let me just cook something quick."

"we'll leave it to you then, mom." jimin said and nudged taehyung in the ribs. "just call us when dinner's ready. come on tae, let's watch in the living room. oh, and mom, dad? sooyoung came back again, she's in her room."

the two boys had disappeared in the living room before the elders could even mutter a response. it was about twenty minutes later when jimin's mom called them over for dinner. they made their way to the dining room and took their seats. a minute later, joy appeared and halted in her tracks when she caught sight of taehyung.

"why is he still here?" she said accusingly, soon realizing she had spoken her thoughts aloud. clumping a hand over her mouth, a cloud of regret passed over her eyes.

"you disrespectful wench," mrs. park reached over and whacked joy on the back. "don't be so rude. taehyung's still here because we invited him for dinner, you got a problem with that?"

"that hurts!" joy cried, rubbing her back. "don't hit me!"

"don't be a brat and sit down."

"tch." joy grumbled and stubbornly took a seat on the available spot at the table, which had to be the one across taehyung. the two engaged themselves in a staring contest for some good six seconds until joy broke away, dropping her gaze with blood running up her cheeks ever so slightly.

everyone began devouring the food prepared in front of them, also engaging themselves in some conversations here and there. it was mentioned that joy's new apartment was next to taehyung's, stirring a few gasps and exclaims of disbelief and surprise from their parents. by the time they finished eating, joy was preparing to leave the table while taehyung was informing them that he was leaving.

"aren't you going back too, joy?" mrs. park asked. "why don't you go back with taehyung?"

taehyung glanced at joy and saw her gawk at her mother, then switch her gaze at him. "no, i'm sleeping here tonight." she said sternly, her eyes never leaving taehyung's. it was as if she meant to say it directly to him. taehyung couldn't help but think that it must be because of what happened this morning ─ you know, learning that they were neighbors. it must have put joy off that she decided to go back home for the night, maybe because she couldn't stand being under the same roof as taehyung. well, at least that's what he suspected.

smiling awkwardly, taehyung broke his eye contact with joy and looked at her parents instead. "then, i'll be heading out now. thank you for the food."

"take care on your way home, taehyung-ah." taehyung bowed at the elders and then turned towards joy, "see you, joy."

joy blinked several times before replying, "yeah, see you."

smiling, taehyung turned on his heels and made his way to the front door with jimin on his tail. stepping outside the night, he nudged jimin and gave him a gentle grin. "i'll get going then." he said. "thanks for today, park."

"anytime bro."

-

a/n: this book is boring me out, it's no fun anymore😑☹️ i need motivation