nueve
+

taehyung froze. he clenched his fists so hard, his knuckles turned white and his nails were digging into the skin of his palms.

"tae?" jimin warily said from the phone. "are you okay?"

taehyung was silent. it was as if he hadn't even heard him. he was way too occupied with the overwhelming feelings that seemed to taunt his soul. he wasn't sure if he should feel happy, sad or scared. his head began to hurt and the hangover he had made it worse. it was weird because he wanted to cry, but it was as if he was drained dry that no tears would come out.

"kim taehyung," jimin repeated on the phone. "are you still here?"

this time, taehyung heard him. he sucked in a deep breath, closing his eyes as he responded. "yep, i'm here." he said through gritted teeth, as if the words were forced out of him, against his will.

"i swear, i was so surprised this morning when i woke up because someone threw themselves on me and suddenly tackled me." jimin began. "i mean, it was so sudden. i could've sworn i was dreaming until sooyoung put me in a headlock. i was hurting and i was wondering why i wasn't waking up, that's when i realized i was definitely not unconscious."

"..oh yeah?" taehyung murmured.

"she never told us she was coming back." jimin continued. "i thought she was staying at jeju, but here she is, without warning. and guess what, it seem like she's not staying at the house though. apparently, she got herself an apartment near her work since 'our house is too far away', she said."

"i...see." taehyung mumbled, biting his lower lip. "jimin, actually, last night i think i might have seen... um- i saw joy."

silence prevailed from jimin. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" he screeched. "YOU SAW HER?! why didn't you tell me?!"

"i thought... it was a dream until you called." taehyung admitted. "i was too drunk last night to get my facts straight. and i think, i might have done something stupid too."

"what did you do, you punk?" jimin queried sternly.

"um..." taehyung muttered hesitantly. "i might have hugged your sister and told her i missed her without thinking?" he spoke as if his statement was a question.

"very cool, kim taehyung." jimin commented. "joy must have been surprised."

"yeah,"

"so, what are you gonna do now?"

"i don't know," taehyung admitted. "guess i'll try to settle past tensions between us. i just have to figure out how to do that."

"oh yeah?" jimin hummed, sounding like he was in deep thought."wait a second," he suddenly said. "joy has a welcome home party next saturday. you should come!"

"i don't think she would like that." said taehyung a matter of factly. "i mean im not exactly invited."

"well im inviting you right bow." jimin retorted. "come on, this is an opportunity to make things right with joy. you should take advantage of this chance, who knows when you'll see her again?"

taehyung sighed, thinking. "i'll think about it." he said before muttering a goodbye and hanging up.

-

a/n: check out taehyung as a girl in the media above he hot