二十二

veintidós
+

music blasted from his radio while he hummed along the song. it was saturday and taehyung was on his way to the park family's house where joy's welcome home party was taking place.

a week has passed since he drove joy home and he hasn't seen her again ever since. thus, he has been looking forward to this day quite intently.

by the time taehyung arrived at his destination, he found that the parking places near the park's house were already occupied, probably by their visitors and people who actually lived in their neighborhood. as a result, he had to park his car far away and had to walk from there.

standing in front of the front door, taehyung pressed the doorbell and waited. a moment later, mrs. park appeared behind the door and her face beamed when she saw him.

"taehyung!" she exclaimed, opening the door wide. "come in, come in!"

"hello, auntie." taehyung greeted and bowed as he stepped into the house. "it's nice to see you again. where's your 'idiot of a son'?" he grinned, quoting her own words regarding her eldest son.

mrs. park laughed, patting taehyung on the shoulder. "well, my idiot of a son is in the kitchen. go ahead and find him."

"will do. i'll leave you to your friends then, auntie." taehyung said, glancing at the crowd of adults chatting in the living room. they were probably relatives and family friends.

bowing slightly, taehyung walked off to find jimin. when he entered the kitchen, he did see jimin and he was with joy, talking. taehyung couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.

"i still don't get why i we're having this welcome home party." joy complained to jimin. "i mean, i didnt even live far away. i was still in korea, not abroad."

"you're not wrong." jimin answered. "but you lived in jeju like you were living overseas. you never came back home to visit at least once for the past three years you were there, remember? it's only right that we throw you a welcome home party considering how you were gone away for years."

"why do you sound like a sulky older brother with a sister complex? that's so disgusting."

"oh shut up. i know you have a brother complex too."

"i do not."

"yes, you do."

"you're annoying."

"and you love it."

taehyung grimaced as he watched joy's fist fly into jimin's stomach. letting out a pained grunt, jimin crouched down clutching his stomach and muttering curses under his breath.

"you damn wench." he muttered, looking up to glare at joy. "why did you do that?!"

instead of answering, joy sneered at him and turned around, ready to walk away when she saw taehyung. her eyes widened and her face looked as if questioning why he was here. then after a moment, she started towards him and him to her as well. when they were close enough, taehyung brought his hand up which held the welcome back gift he prepared for her.

"for you." he said, handing it to her.

"thank you." she hesitantly took the gift into her hands.

"no problem." he smiled. "and welcome back."