二十

veinte
+

"thanks for the lunch again," taehyung said for the second time as five individuals stood facing each other in front of his workplace building.

"you're welcome." suho, the subject to taehyung's gratitude, grinned. he had voluntarily payed for all the food the bunch ordered. "well then, we'll get going then."

"okay, see you."

taehyung, jennie and jeongwoo entered the building, while suho and joy headed towards the one next to it.

"you guys go ahead, i'm going to piss for a bit." jeongwoo informed them, then waved before walking away.

now alone together, the two started towards the elevator and stood in silence as it carried them to their floor.

"by the way," taehyung began. "earlier, it seemed like you knew that me and joy used to date."

jennie looked at him and nodded.

"how did you know?"

she averted her eyes from him and stared at the floor instead. "well, i kind of figured it out when you.." she trailed off as her cheeks suddenly began to flush. "do you remember last friday? when you guys saw each other? i just kind of knew when you hugged her and... y'know."

"what." taehyung suddenly seemed alerted. "what else did i do beside hugging her?"

"you don't remember?"

"no. care to tell me?"

jennie stared at him intently for a long time as if searching for something in his face. unable to find it, she looked away and faced forward.

"it's a secret." she said, her face grim as the elevator door slid open and she stepped out.