三十六

treinta y seis
+

joy followed taehyung in her car to a restaurant. she watched from her seat as taehyung got off his car and entered the restaurant. a few minutes later, he came back out with a plastic bag in his hand which joy guessed was the teokkbokki eunwoo was asking for.

in the next minute, joy was following taehyung's car again. they drove for about ten minutes until taehyung's black car turned, entering the hospital grounds. joy frowned as she trails after him. once both cars were parked, joy now followed taehyung on foot. they entered the hospital building and joy silently walked behind taehyung at a safe distance, her eyes never leaving his figure.

soon, taehyung enters a room and closed the door behind him. joy stood in front of the room and read the label beside the door: Room 112 / Cha Eunwoo.

so this is where he is, joy thought with scrunched eyebrows. why was he here? did he hurt himself? questions flooded joy's mind. with caution, joy carefully slid the door open as silent as she could so she could peek in. inside, she saw eunwoo lying on a bed in a hospital gown. taehyung walked towards him and handed him his teokkbokki. with a huge grin, eunwoo gladly received it and started digging in.

"give me back my money." taehyung reached out his hand towards eunwoo, palms up. "i bought you teokkbokki with my own money so pay me back."

eunwoo stared up at him in bewilderment. "are you serious? you have work, you're rich. teokkbokki isn't much so it's okay. you can manage losing a few bucks."

taehyung frowned. "you tricked me."

"oh come on," eunwoo said. "it's my dying wish to eat teokkbokki and you ask me for money?"

dying wish? joy thought, confused, her eyebrows scrunched up together.

"i can't believe you're using your illness against me." taehyung looked dumbfounded. "that is unfair."

illness? joy thought again, her heart starting to palpitate faster and louder. what are they talking about? she felt a bad feeling creeping up on her like a predator about to pounce on their prey.

"who told you the world was fair?" eunwoo replied to taehyung while chewing a rice cake. "if the world was fair, then i wouldn't be here waiting to die. i would be out there, actually living like a normal person. but i'm stuck here because im dying and the world isn't fair."

taehyung tensed up, feeling sorry. "i didn't mean th-" he was interrupted as a door slammed open, startling him.

"what do you mean you're dying?"

both taehyung and eunwoo's eyes went to the source of the voice. and at the same time, their eyes also widened in shock.

"joy..." taehyung muttered. "what are you doing h-"

"what illness are you talking about?" joy asked, cutting taehyung off again as if he wasn't there. her eyes were focused on eunwoo who looked as if he saw a ghost. he was pale and panicked. "what are you talking about? what's this about dying? answer me!"

joy's body was shaking, her fists clenched so tight that her nails dug into her palms. she was glaring, yet her eyes looked teary. she felt rage, confusion and misery at the same time.

"i..." eunwoo opened his mouth, but nothing came to his head. he didn't know what to say, his mind was blank.

understanding the situation, taehyung silently walked out of the room and left the two of them alone. it was clear that they had things to talk about and taehyung wasn't about to be involved because he knew it was between them. in silence, taehyung left to give them space. he didn't feel the need to inform them, it's not like they noticed anyways.

-

y/n: guess what ya'll, i saw jay park. i went to his concert and witnessed his sexy 4eva self