十六

dieciséis
+

something broke inside taehyung. the words that left eunwoo's lips stopped his thoughts. suddenly, taehyung became blank. empty. his voice failed him as he couldn't make any words out of his mouth. it was as if he suddenly stopped malfunctioning. in that moment, everything became slow motion all of a sudden. at least, it was like that for taehyung.

by the time he finally got a hold of himself, he could only say the best response he could think of.

"..is that so?" taehyung murmured, blinking. "congratulations." a tiny smile appeared on his lips.

"you don't mind?" eunwoo slightly raised an eyebrow, his usual smile still playing on his lips.

"no," taehyung replied. "of course not. i mean, im not really in any position to have a say in your relationship, right? we've already broken up, a long time ago. it's only right that joy finds herself someone who she really loves and treat her good."

at his words, joy looked up and met taehyung in the eyes. he gave her a small smile and she could only stare, the look on her face contorted.

as if by cue, the elevator reached their floor. the elevator doors were still in the process of opening when joy hurrily stepped out into the hallways.

"let's go, eunwoo." she said without looking back and began walking away. eunwoo glanced back to taehyung and slightly bowed before following joy. a moment later, taehyung also got off and watched eunwoo as he caught up to joy while he trailed behind them. he wrinkled his eyebrows slightly as he witnessed the two entering joy's apartment.

as he passed by joy's door, taehyung halted for a brief moment, just staring at the door before heading to his apartment. once taehyung entered his living room, he plopped himself down on his couch and placed his elbows on each of his legs while resting his head on his palms. he heaved out a deep sigh and ran one hand through his hair.

his heart felt tight, like it was suffocating.