二十五

veinticinco
+

the party was over and night has fallen over the people. taehyung was ready to go home when eunwoo came up to him and asked if he could get a ride. so now, the two are alone in taehyung's car after bidding goodbye to joy and jimin.

"i have to apologize again for today." eunwoo said as they drove up the road. "it was my bad."

"seriously, i didn't mind." taehyung assured him. "it's chill."

silence passed by, interrupted by eunwoo's sudden intensive coughing. "you okay?" taehyung asked, concerned at how painful this coughs sounded.

"yeah," eunwoo answered and coughed again. "i think i might've gotten a cold from being drenched wet earlier."

"should we go buy a medicine?" taehyung suggested, taking quick glances at his passenger seat.

"nah, i have some at home."

"okay."

eunwoo let out another several dry and painful coughs which made taehyung cringe. he hoped he doesn't catch a cold as well.

"should we go to the hospital?"

"no! really, it's fine. i'll handle."

"alright, just putting it out there because to be honest, you sound awful."

"well, thanks for the concern."

a minute of silence passed by until eunwoo spoke again. his voice has turned raspy, almost wheezing. "actually, me and sooyoung noona aren't really dating. i lied back then."

taehyung had stopped the car in front of a red stoplight. "i know."

eunwoo turned to him, raising an eyebrow. "you know?"

he nodded, "joy told me."

"she did?" eunwoo let out a quiet scoff, then whispered under his breath. "she really didn't want you to think like that huh?"

"what did you say?" taehyung glanced at eunwoo for a second.

"ah, nothing." eunwoo shook his head then faced forward confidently. "but to be honest, even though we're not really dating, i do wish we were."

for a second, taehyung stopped breathing. he tightened his grip on the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. even though he was so relieved when he found out joy and eunwoo weren't really dating, that it was all just a joke, it seemed like the dreadful feeling came back and slapped him on the face once again, screaming "hah, you thought!" taehyung clenched his jaw and forced his curious words out,

"does that mean...you like her?"

eunwoo smiled with the most gentle look on his face, "yes, i like her."

-

a/n: double update!