十一

once
+

"j-joy?"

the said girl's eyes rounded in shock at the sight of her ex-boyfriend that stood in front of her with an expression that mirrored hers as he stared down at her, appalled.

"w-why...how-" taehyung struggled with his words. "how are you here?"

taehyung watched joy as she opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again without saying anything. she bit her lower lip, her eyes traveling everywhere but him. she looked as if she was having a heated argument in her mind on how she should react.

"what are you doing here?" joy finally spoke up, her voice soft but stern. oh, how he missed that sound. it was the first time he heard her voice again in three years.

"shouldn't i be asking that question?" taehyung retorted in a perplexed tone. "i live here. why are you here?"

to taehyung's bewilderment, joy scoffed  in disbelief to herself and seemed to mutter something under her breath that taehyung guessed was swears and curses. then biting her lower lip, joy raised her head and met taehyung in the eyes.

"i moved in next door." she admitted with a hint of irritation in her voice. "i just came to greet my neighbours, which turns out to be you. i can hardly believe this is happening." taehyung winced at the sound of bitterness in her voice.

"i...i just heard from jimin that you found an apartment, but who would have thought it was here?" taehyung chuckled half-heartedly. "you're right, this is totally unexpected."

joy had no response. she just stared at him with nonchalant look on her face. it was hard to guess what she was thinking about.

"joy," taehyung began, hesitant. "l-last night...i'm sorry for suddenly doing that to you," he scrutinized the girl's face as a light blush appeared in her cheeks. "i was drunk and i wasn't on my right mind so hugging you all of a sudden must have caught you off guard. i apologize."

joy's jaw tightened and she took a step back from the door. "then, i'll be taking my leave." she said as if she hadn't heard taehyung. "i'll see you around."

she turned on her heels and was walking away when taehyung called out, "wait!" he exclaimed and joy turned back at him.

a small genuine smile appeared on his face and he said, "i'm really glad you're back."

-
a/n: and fate them brought them together for the second time.