This Is It

Play the song as you read 😊

The day has finally come when Danny would meet his Mate before eventually leaving with him to his new home.

He had to say, he was pretty nervous about the whole thing. It didn't help that his family went into over-protective mode.

They had coddled him the entire day, tears flowing down their faces at the thought of losing him to some stranger.

He couldn't really hold it against them, they were his family and they had never entertained the thought of any of them moving away from Henley-on-Thames until Danny's results came in.

They had all hoped that his Mate would live somewhere close by even if not in the same county.

He had already packed everything he needed and had placed the bag on the couch in the living room.

He knew that seeing his bag would really solidify the fact that he would be moving soon and his family seemed to think the same as they did their best to avoid the living room.

His parents were so over-the-top that they invited all of their family and his friends for his 'Going Away Party.'"

He had to say that as much as he was kinda annoyed he missed seeing his family as they lived so far away from Reading.

He hadn't seen some of his cousins and Grandparents in a while and this was the perfect opportunity to say goodbye to them instead of doing it over the phone.

Right about now, his shirt was damp with tears and no matter how much he changed it, other family members would just come and soak it once more so he just sighed in resignation and left it.

He couldn't exactly hold it against them so he had refrained from saying anything. He instead allowed them to stick as close to him as they wanted.

Not like he could avoid them since their backyard was packed with family and friends.

Unfortunately, he couldn't even talk to his friends because of his family monopolizing his time.

He had just signalled to friends that he would text them when he had the chance.

"You've already grown so much." His Gran-Gran was crying on his shoulder, her arms wrapped around his neck like an octopus while his family and friends were looking on in amusement. "Ohh, my baby is leaving me!"

Danny pouted but wrapped his arms around her.