River Brandon

Growing up, River didn't have an easy life

Little River Alexi Brandon was born to a Human by the name of Miriam Marshall. His father had been a Beta and as much as their kind hated Humans, his father had loved his mother even though relationships between the two species were forbidden.

Now growing up, they had had to hide their entire relationship for fear of being prosecuted.

River had grown up with carefully planned visits from his father as it was too dangerous for his Mother to enter the werewolf community undetected.

For a time, he had known the love of both his parents until his appetite began changing.

Sure, it wasn't much of an obvious change, but his mother had already known what it meant and had hastily contacted his father who had made the split second decision to take River away.

He had been three at the time, so he hadn't realised the gravity of the situation and thus, when he had gone shopping with his father, he had ended up losing the man in the crowd and had gone to a stranger for help.

The man had of course promised to help him. So along with River, they had searched the district for his father but to no avail.

River had been crying at the time and the stranger had comforted him, asking him where his mother was.

Now, you would think that he would say home without going into any specifics, but River's mother had expected such a situation so she had made sure to have him memorise her street address as well as her cellphone number. But in such a situation, he had only remembered the street address because it had been something he had been used to seeing.

So, without understanding the dangers. He had relayed the information to the man who had typed the information into his phone.

River had been looking up at the man and so he had seen the look of disgust on the man's face when he stared at him then back at his phone.

He didn't understand what it meant and hadn't given it much thought as the man began smiling at him once more before picking him up into his arms.

River remembered the man telling him that he would get some of his friends to make sure that they got him home safely.

Of course he had seen nothing wrong with that and had simply nodded in happiness.

He would get to see his Mummy and what kid wouldn't be happy at that?

So within minutes, they arrived at his mum's house and what happened after was something that scared little River for life.

The kind people who had taken him to his Mum's house had...

They...

He could remember screaming as they proceeded to attack everyone inside the house. They brought them outside in-front of River and proceeded to execute them by tearing their heads off.