Wraith

Play the song as you read 😊

As Arlo and Jackson left the Hospital, the Alpha couldn't keep his eyes off Skylar as she played with her teething stick.

"Try not to drop my pup, Jackson."

Jackson's head snapped up and he looked at Arlo who was quirking an eyebrow at him, a smile on amusement stretching his lips. "She's my pup too, you know."

Arlo rolled his eyes and focused on holding the wriggling pup in his arms. "Jackson, your son is giving me trouble so let's switch."

The Alpha chuckled and he saw Skylar's ears perk up at the sound. The pup spat out the teething stick and began copying her brother's action. The only difference was that Declan was yipping while she was quiet.

It was a stark reminder to Jackson of her disability, but he was done with the self-pity. He would make certain that his daughter wanted for nothing and that no one took advantage of her because of it.

He knew that their technology was advanced enough to commission a device to allow her to speak.

And if there really was such a device, he didn't care how much it costed. Even at the risk of going broke, he would spend every last cent just to give his daughter the chance of a normal life.

"Doesn't make any sense now does it?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow at Arlo who just scoffed and began making low growling noises at Declan who began yipping louder.

Jackson grinned and wrapped the bag of Arlo's bloody stuff around his neck before he began tickling Skylar's fur covered belly, smiling as she growled and tried biting his fingers. "Now, why would you wanna hurt your Dada?"

(A/n: I am never going to use the word 'Daddy,' it's been ruined forever.)

Skylar just continued snapping her teeth at his fingers.

Even while playing with their pups, they focused on their destination to Jackson's Rover which was parked a couple feet away.

"When we get home, I want to soak a bit," Arlo muttered softly, his eyes rows furrowed slightly. "Even though I'm already healed, I still feel a wee bit sore."

Jackson hummed and halted his motions to pull his keys from his pocket. "And what about the pups? You know that they can't be far from you for too long."

The Beta nodded and positioned Declan so that he was resting up against his shoulder. "Yeah... Well we bought items for situations such as this, so no big deal." He began patting Declan's back as they finally arrived in front of Jackson's Rover.

Jackson positioned Skylar in the crook of his arm so that he could get the door open. "And after your bath, I am gonna take a shower and then we'll all take a nap how about that?"

Arlo nodded and opened the door to the backseat. It wasn't exactly safe to sit in the front seat with young pups. Even though they developed faster than human babies didn't mean that they were impervious... Well, that is until they're a bit older.

"Hmm, sounds wonderful."

Jackson slammed the driver's door shut and handed Skylar off to Arlo who took the pup with a soft smile on his face, placing her in the basket strapped into the seat.

He then removed the bag from across his shoulder and threw it to the next side of the car in the empty seat while Jackson did the same with the bag which had been around his neck.

Arlo sighed softly and rested his head back against the car seat after buckling himself in, his eyes pinned to where the two pups were licking each other's fur, obviously scent marking each other; he couldn't help but smile at the sight.