A Day In The Life Of...

Play the song as you read 😊

One week later

Things were starting to normalize as Danny began regularly cooking, cleaning etc. They had a week left before both of their families were coming for a visit along with Wolfie's friend Jackson and someone named Arlo.

He had already received the deliveries from Tesco and Morrisons so he didn't have to worry about there not being enough food to cook. It also helped that Wolfie had a deep freeze so that he didn't have to try and stuff everything in the freezer.

He doubted that everything would fit no matter how big the fridge was.

He had even bought chicken and orange juice even though he was allergic to both. He would simply eat his fish and drink something else as a dinner wouldn't be complete without some form of meat.

He bought a lot of tropically mixed juices such as Mango, passionfruit, Lime, Pineapple etc.

Just to get everything moving, he began cooking and baking a lot, making an array of desserts and even baking pies since Wolfie had only eaten Macaroni pie. He had made Irish potato pies, corn pies, yam pies etc just so he could start broadening the Alphas' palette.

The corn pies were a bit difficult since the British didn't have creamed corn but he had managed to improvise as usual.

The recipe was from his Grandparents' Parents who were from the Caribbean where they were used to baking it with creamed corn.

Right now, he had just finished watching The Meg while Wolfie was just finishing his lunch and he had to say that the film was rather underwhelming. With all the billboard ads and commercials, he had expected... well... more.

One movie he really wanted to watch was Mr. Glass with Samuel L. Jackson but the only showing was a trailer.

"Hmmm... This is really delicious, babe." Wolfie ate the last of the potato salad and emptied the glass of Mango juice with a low belch, a look of satisfaction on his face. "I have never eaten potato salad this good before."

Danny grinned even as he got up from his seat and began clearing away Wolfie's eating utensils. "That just goes to show that it was about time you had some chocolate in your life."

Wolfie raised an eyebrow, snorting in amusement at his words. "Hey, I'll have you know that there are some pretty amazing Caucasian chefs."

Danny just shrugged.

"Not saying that there isn't, but if you don't even know what yam pie is then that just shows that you need to broaden your horizons more. Hell, my Mum is Caucasian and she's an excellent cook but my dad broadened her horizons and now she's even making stuff Like Roti, Pelau that isn't lightly colored and even soup that has ingredients like Plaintains, bananas, potatoes, ochre, dumplings etc in it. Before, she simply made chicken broth and Lobster for me. It gets boring after a while, I'll tell you."

After he finished speaking, Wolfie had a confused look on his face. "Why would you add banana to soup, that's disgusting." He sent Danny a look of disgust before continuing. "Not to mention, what is a Plantain, Roti or Ochre? I know what Pelau is at least but not those three."

Danny only snorted and rolled his eyes even as he began washing the dishes; he wasn't much of a fan of dishwashers. "Wolfie, you didn't even know what a yam was until I showed you and made the pie, I really didn't expect you to know what an Ochre is." He paused in his washing as a thought crossed his mind. "You know, I should see if I can get Soursop and Linseed so that I can make some punch for you. My Caribbean Great-Grandparents taught me a lot about what they're accustomed to cooking and whatnot so I learned how to do them and my family loves it. I'm sure that you'll feel the same.