Ylisstol

Shirou POV

After making our way through the forest for the next half an hour or so, we finally made it back to Ylisstol, but Artoria & I would have to go along with the others for a bit before we went to see Illya.

Robin: So this is Ylisstol, capital of Ylisse... I've never seen so many people!

Shirou: It feels good to be back.

Artoria: Indeed.

Chrom: Oh, do you two live here?

Shirou: We used to, but we started traveling around nearly 4 years ago, our sister still lives her though.

Chrom: I see.

Frederick: It appears the capital was spared the chaos we encountered, thank the gods. I see no evidence of the great quake. It must've been limited to the forest.

Lissa: Well, that's a relief!

Old Villager: Look! The exalt has come to see us!

When we look over in that direction, we see a woman with long blonde hair & the brand of the exalt on her forehead waving to the people while being escorted around by a group of guards.

Robin: The exalt is your ruler, yes?

Frederick: Yes. Her name is Lady Emmeryn.

Robin: Is it safe for her to walk among commoners like this?

Frederick: The exalt is a symbol of peace—Ylisse's most prized quality. Long ago, at the dawn of our age, the fell dragon tried to destroy the world. But the first exalt joined forces with a legendary dragon slayer & the divine dragon to lay the beast low. Exalt Emmeryn reminds us all of the peace we fought for then.

Chrom: With Plegia poking at our borders, the people need her. She's a calming presence, when some might otherwise call for war.

Robin: Then the Ylissean people are indeed lucky to have her.

Lissa: She's also the best big sister anyone could ask for!

Robin: Yes, I imagine she... Wait, what? She's your... But wouldn't that make you & Chrom...

Frederick: The prince & princess of the realm, yes. You remember Chrom's name & not this?

Robin: You said you were "shepherds"!

Chrom: & so we are...in a manner of speaking. We just have a LOT of sheep.

Robin: *Turns to Artoria & I* You two don't look very surprised... did you know about this?

Artoria: Of course we did.

Shirou: We did say that we lived here for a few years with our sister before we started traveling, it makes sense that we would know who the prince & princess of the country we were living are.