Cordelia: A Support

Cordelia: Shirou! Guess what? I showed my new javelin to everyone in camp. They were all so complimentary! Thank you again for the help.

Shirou: Don't thank me! You're the one who went out & learned smithery. I'm just glad it all worked out. If only those pegasus knights could see you now!

Cordelia: Heh, perhaps they are looking on from the afterlife.

Shirou: Eh, the afterlife?

Cordelia: Yes, if you believe in such things. ...You do know the story, don't you? How my fellow knights gave their lives so I could escape & warn your party?

Shirou: No! I mean, I knew that some of them... I just... I didn't think those were the same knights who... I'm sorry. I didn't fully understand until this moment.

Cordelia: That's all right. I suppose how I put things is partly to blame.

Shirou: So despite all the teasing, they loved you enough in the end to die for you?

Cordelia: I was surprised, too! It turns out they'd pretty much decided I was the future. The insults and so forth were just the usual hazing of a new recruit. *Sniff* My only regret is... I wish we'd had more time to...get to know each other. I only learned...how much they loved me...in those last, awful moments...

Shirou: Cordelia...

Cordelia: *Sniff* R-right, then. Enough self-pity. I don't want to try your patience. ...But I must say, it does feel good to get this off my chest.

Shirou: I understand now why you don't like to be called a genius.

Cordelia: You do?

Shirou: Remember how upset you got the first time I called you that? I thought it reminded you of a sarcastic insult, but in fact it was the opposite. When your comrades sacrificed themselves for you, you realized that they meant it.

Cordelia: You're rather clever yourself, working all that out on your own.

Shirou: Not clever, no. Just blessed with the kind of insight close friends share. Because I AM a close friend now, and I'll always be here for you.

Cordelia: *Sniff* Oh, Shirou. ...Th-thank you.