Ambivalence

Shirou POV

Villager: This can't go on, Elder! We barely have enough to get us by as it is!

Elder: Their leader is a former Valmese general! We'll be crushed if we resist...

Chrom: What's that about Valm?

Villager: Who are you?

Chrom: My name is Chrom.

Elder: The ruler of Ylisse?!

Villager: Elder! He may be able to help us!

Chrom: Um, I can hear you. But tell me your problem, & I'll see what I can do.

Elder: Oh, thank you, sir!

*Short timeskip to outside of a seemingly abandoned castle*

Chrom: Looks like this is the castle the villagers told us about. Let's reclaim what's been stolen and return it to the villagers.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a girl with red hair who seems to be standing watch very unenthusiastically outside of one of the entrances.

She looked like she was talking to herself, so I used some reinforcement magic on my ears so I could hear a little bit of what she was saying

Red-Haired Girl: All this grief over something so small... Once I get what I came for, I'm out of here. Maybe I can convince Holland to come with me.

She seemed to be genuinely concerned for this Holland person, so she couldn't be all that bad, so I made my way over to her.

Shirou: What's a girl like you doing here?

Severa: What's that supposed to mean? I'm not some defenseless little girl, you oaf! I'm... Oh! It's about time you found me!

Shirou: Okay? Do we know each other or...?

Severa: Ugh... you could always be so dense sometimes Daddy.

Shirou: That's what people keep telling... wait... your my daughter?

Severa: Oh, good. Now I won't have to waste time explaining the situation. ...Weird. I didn't think you'd be so funny looking.

Shirou: You're a real charmer. But charm or not, if you can fight, you're welcome to come with us.

Severa: Not the snappiest pick-up line I've heard, but I suppose it gets the job done. But I can't leave until I reclaim my property from Nelson. We'll talk then.

Shirou: Actually, we're here to take stolen goods back to the village. If I promise to add yours to the list, will that change your mind?

Severa: Mmm... Maybe. But you'll have to help my friend Holland, too. He's a bit of a sad sack, but he doesn't want to be here either.

Shirou: Will he listen to reason?

Severa: He will if I talk to him. He listens to pretty much whatever I say. Don't worry, he hates Nelson, too. Just be sure not to hurt him.