Chapter 4

There's something very alluring to me about Talia Ferer. This beautiful woman looks like a petite demure little thing but her personality is enormous. She's a quick wit about her too which I like. Of course I let her in. I never turn down a beautiful woman.

"It's so dark in here how can you see anything?"

"Your eyes get used to the darkness after living in it for a while. It's a biological thing."

"I know that. I study too about Ptolemy and the other founders of knowledeable things we base our current experiments on." she says and I hold back a laugh.

"I'm sure you do."

"So you live here all alone?"

"Yes."

"No wonder it's all dirty." she says and I frown.

"It's perfectly spotless in here. I clean the house every day." I say and she looks up at the gleaming crystal chandelier hanging down and she does a little sigh.

"Well it certaintly looks like it so far. Could you give me a tour?"

"If you want I certainly can." I say and hold out my hand and she takes it. I show her around the bottom floor to the parlour, kitchen and games room with a pool table and darts. There's also a portrait room.

"These are the past generations of my family." I say showing her the twelve pictures. It's really sad how they died. They could've lived much longer if they hadn't been stupid. After that I show her upstairs. 5 guest bedrooms and then the master bedrooms. Of course we don't go inside any of them. I just open the door for her to look in and then close it, except for my bedroom the master room.

"That is my bedroom." I say pointing at the door and turn to her.

"Is that everything Talia?"

"No. I like it here. It's quite nice. But if you clean the inside like this why not the outside? It doesn't look good."

"Because the light is too bright for me." I say and she looks at me.

"Oh right. It's so dark in here." she says ad falls silent.

"Sorry I barged in on you by the way." she says and I smile.

"If I didn't want to let you in I wouldn't have answered the door." I say and she smiles.

"So does that mean I can come here often?"

"Of course."

"Oh wait. I never asked your name."