Chapter 8

I'm so happy right now it would be nauseating and annoying to others I believe. I again go to the park bench but this time Mac is waiting for me.

"Vincent said you can come." I say before he has the chance to ask.

"That's good." he says.

"I can't wait for you to meet him. He's a wonderful man." I say and he lifts an eyebrow.

"So you like him."

"Maybe a little bit." I say and he crosses his arms.

"I'm not confessing any more than that because it's still too early to tell." I say and he smiles.

"Ok if you say so." We talk a little longer and then we leave each other. I go back to the inn and find another note from Vincent, along with Lilies.

My dear Talia, the more time I spend with you the deeper I care for you. I hope you feel the same.

The next day I get up and have brunch with Ms. Vivian. It's nice but I'm more interested in hurrying to see Vincent and am somewhat distracted.

"Talia my dear is there something wrong with my conversation." she says putting her teacup down.

"Oh of course not. I'm so sorry." I say then look at the time.

"I'm sorry I have to go now. I told Mac I would meet him by noon."

"Wasn't he groping you at the bar."

"It was not indecently, and he's a good friend, when not drunk." I say and stand.

"Good day Miss Vivian." I say and walk away. I meet with Mac at the park bench and we head to Vincent's mansion.