Chapter 43

The next day everyone is seated at the table and we have breakfast together. Me eating and them sitting down drinking blood from beautiful crystal and gold glass.

"Do you have plans to do something today Jason?" I ask and then look toward his three daughters.

"The girls are going out for tea and shopping. I'll come with you as well." he says and I nod. It's best not to argue with him.

"When were you getting married to Vincent again?"

"In fourteen days now." I say and he nods.

"I see." he says. I can see he's scheming something up in his mind, but I'm not sure what. The five of us go out and have a nice time. That's when he starts prying again.

"Vincent really loves you doesn't he?" he says and I nod.

"Yet, there were things he kept from you. You never hide things from people you love, do you Talia?"

"He had good reasons."

"Yes. I'm so dangerous to you aren't I?" he says accentuating his comment with a sip of tea. It really gets on my nerves.

"Then there was the reason he didn't want to talk about you." I say trying to push back.

"Yes. Maria Cara. Though I wonder, was it really that reason?" he says. Leaving many inferences you could interpret from that.

I promptly put my teacup down.

"I'm not playing your mind games Jason."

"I'm not playing any games with you Talia. Besides you had to think about it for a quick moment didn't you. You're doubting now. How could you doubt when you're planning on spending eternity together."

"We're not spending eternity together. I'm going to die before him." I sa firmly. This is obvious. He slowly puts his teacup down.

"You mean to say, he hasn't told you. He can make you into one of us, and you can spend eternity together?" he says slowly.