Chapter 12

I want to kiss her right now. I cup her face in my hands and pull back then close my eyes while still holding her face. I'm hungry right now so I can't, also it's too soon. I'll wait a week. I open my eyes and smile at her.

"We should get you back to the inn now." I say. She does her cute little frown again.

"But I wanted to spend more time with you." she says. I let go of her and stand.

"We'll have plenty of time to spend together, but now it's getting dark and you're a proper women that shouldn't stay out to late."

"I hate society rules." she says sighing and stands. We gather the blanket and basket up then drop them off at his mansion. Before we head out we go up to my room and I have her stay at the door. I quickly grab the package and go back to hand it to her.

"This is for you. Don't open it until you're back in your room." I say and she smiles.

"Ok." We walk in silence to her inn and I see her in.

"Goodnight Talia." I say smiling at her.

"Goodnight Vincent. I will see you tomorrow."

"Indeed." I say. I watch her way up the steps and when she turns down the corridor out of sight I sigh and then finally leave.

I immediately open it when I get in my room to discover a beautiful necklace the color of amber.

This necklace changes to the color according to my astral sign. I'm Cancer.

I smile. It's nice that he's been looking into my interests. We're compatible cause I'm a Taurus.