Chapter 49

We glide across the floor beautifully perfectly in tune to each other and he speaks into my mind.

I came to get you back we can escape now before they notice.

We can't I can feel their eyes on me they're keeping a constant watch and they'll notice you any second now. Besides, I promised Jason I'd stay a week.

Why!

Because that is what we compromised on and in that time he'll realize he can't steal me away from you, and he'll release me. I can feel his displeasure and I push my sense of love for him. He looks at me wide eyed.

Don't be upset my darling. I can handle myself alone. Jason isn't going to hurt me. Will you trust me on this? I say and we pause, for it is the end of the song.

Yes. He whispers and suddenly Jason and Simion are there.

"What are you doing here. How did you find us?!" Jason hisses in anger. I squeeze Vincent's hand and then let go and put a hand on Jason's shoulder.

"Calm down Jason. We don't want the other's here to worry." I say and pet his arm for a second. Isla, Fenwick, and the girls melt out of the crowd joining us.

"I've already talked with Vincent and told him that I'm staying the week. There's nothing to worry about. Vincent?" I say turning back to him.

"Yes Talia?" he says.

"Tell everyone I'm ok." I say and he nods. I reach out to him with my mind and say the words.

I love you. He somewhat melts and smiles gently. He ignores Jason and pulls me close and kisses me on the cheek.

"I'll see you at the end of the week then." he says and then leaves. I sigh watching him and Jason is in my mind again. He's angry still and his conscious presses around and constricts me like a vise.

"Talia and I are going home. We have, things to talk about." he says taking my hand and we walk out.