Chapter 27

I wait until we're at the park on the picnic blanket having lunch before I propose to my beautiful stubborn Talia. I grab the lilies I hid earlier and hand them to her with me down on one knee.

"For you my darling." She smiles sweetly at me and takes them.

"You know. Even though we decided when we'd get married, you-"

"Marry me." I say bringing out the ring and she gasps and then shakes her head smiling.

"Of course you would anticipate this. Yes I will marry you." she says holding out her hand. I slip the ring on and grin. I'm sure Mr. Jamerson didn't anticipate me proposing immediately so he'll be surprised. I can't wait to get to know the family though. I stand and kiss her hand.

"I'm so glad we're engaged." I say and pull her close. I quickly pull back though and she gasps from how roughly I yanked away.

"What's wrong Vincent?" she says as I cover my mouth with my hand.

"Oh I forgot to feed myself for a day or two." I say

"That's not good." she says hovering closer again and I pull away.

"Don't come too close darling. I don't want to bite you." she's silent for a moment.

"Wouldn't it be fine?" she says and I'm so surprised my fangs recede back into hiding.

"I think it would be fine. You wouldn't hurt me on purpose, and it's easier than finding a wild animal near the city would it?" she says grabbing my hand.

"You're not wrong, but-" I start and she shakes her head and that draws my eyes to her neck.

"I know you want to, and I don't care if you do." she says and presses close against me. We look into each others eyes and I sigh. I bend down and breath her in, and I'm so hungry. I quickly pull back.

"We can't right now. Somewhere else." I say and she nods.