Chapter 18

The ride is long and dreary to me with my melancholy so before I arrive at the last stop I push thoughts of Vincent away. Pining after him will serve me no purpose. Things are done and I will move forward. I step off the train and go to a waiting carriage and have an hour long ride and get on the next train. Another 4 hour ride and then I catch another waiting carriage. This one is my families own personal one with our own crest. Completely black outer shell with a sleek silver finish. I sigh and touch the carriage briefly.

"Almost home." I whisper to myself. I then turn to the rider.

"Hello Winston."

"Hello Ma'am good to see you back from your travels."

"It's great to be back, though I hope it's not for long." I say.

"I won't spoil the surprise, but it should be about a month that you stay." he says and I purse my lips. I wonder what it could be. Winston hands me up into the carriage and we start the two hour drive home. I allow myself to relax and bury my hands into the soft velvety fur seats as I watch out the window. It's been months since I've been home and as fantastical as my adventures have been, I missed my town. When we get in the city I pass by some family friends and they turn and wave as I pass by. I wave back. Eventually we get home to our stately manor house and Winston hands me down. The door opens as I start to climb the steps and mother is there with father beaming at me. I hug them in greeting and they welcome me home.