Chapter 7

A man? She wants to bring a man to my house? Have I made a mistake in trying to court her? But she has no ring so it can't be a fiance or husband. It must be her brother.

"Yes you can bring him." I say and she gives me another beautiful smile.

"What's your favorite flower?" I ask her.

"Liles. Why?"

"Just asking. I thought you would say roses."

"My second favorite."

It's way too soon but I want to tell her my secret. I sigh and stop to take her hand. She stops also and blushes slightly. I kiss her hand looking into her eyes. Just a day longer I think I can hold out.

"I really care for you did you know?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No I did not." she whispers. I smile and gently release her hand.

"Well now you do." I say and put my hand on her back to guide her.

"Let's go back now" She's adorably flustered and remains silent as we walk home. I open the door for her and she walks in.

"Do you play pool?" I ask.

"I could probably beat you at it." she responds.

"I doubt it." I say taking off my jacket as we walk into the game room. She laughs. We play and of course I win every game. I have a lot of practice and haven't lost to anyone in years.

"Those were ridiculously hard trick shots. I can't believe you pulled them off."

"All technique Talia. I can help you if you want?"

"No thanks." she says and looks at the clock.

"Oh no look at the time! I have to go." she says and stands. I walk her to the door.

"Goodbye Vincent."

"Goodbye Talia. I hope I see you again tomorrow."

"You will. Bringing my friend remember?"

"Oh right." I say and laugh. She steps outside.

"Goodbye Vincent."

"Goodbye Talia." I say and watch her walk down the path before closing the door.