Chapter 33

The day of the wedding is here and Baldroy has put of his attempts, for now. He will attend the wedding since he's a family friend but I really wish he wouldn't. It's a wonderful ceremony in the summer weather outside. Melody looks ethereally beautiful in her white wedding gown. A real sight to behold. It makes me more excited for my own to happen. Afterwards the banquet somehow I manage to get seated between Vincent and Baldroy. Oh dear. I have a feeling this won't end up good. The three of us are silent but I can feel anger coming off both of them in waves. Mac approaches then.

"Care to dance Tal?" he asks and I gratefully take his hand.

"I would love to." I say and he whisks me away. Vincent glares at Mac but allows it. We have a nice time talking about the past few weeks of Baldroy's attempts not getting anywhere and then the song ends. We bow and curtsy to each other when the doors suddenly open and a small group of people practically glide in. All conversation stops as they take in these new arrivals that are obviously crashing the party. I turn to look at Vincent cause I instantly know it's people he knows and he's jumped up standing rigid. Ok. Very not good. Mac drifts close to me his hand on my arm and draws me farther into the crowd.

"What are you all doing here." Vincent says in false calm. The small bundle of people jostle around and then a man comes out fair looking and well dressed.

"Come now cousin. Did you not expect us to come and see you when we heard you were engaged to be married"

"Of course not after what happened last time. Jason. Vincent says dangerously almost growling out his name. His eyes flicker briefly and he approaches Vincent.

"Where is your bride to be? I wish to greet her." he says. Vincent and Jason suddenly change language and rapid fire talk then have a stare down. After another minute Vincent stiffly turns to me.

"Talia come meet my cousin Jason." he says.