Chapter 6

I get up early the next day very excited for my visit. Then I realize it's too early for a house call so I take my time and get ready and then eat, glancing at the clock every 5 minutes. Now I'm just aggravating myself. I shake myself and then sit down to read a book. That will make time pass faster if I immerse myself. An hour and a half later I look up at the time somewhat dazed and remember. Now I can go. It's almost noon! I get my parasol to keep the heat off me and go over. I raise my hand to knock, then remember the key and use it. Vincent is lounging on the couch right inside when I do.

"I was waiting for you Talia." he says sitting up and smiles. My goodness this man.

"It looks like you were sleeping to me." I say smiling and walk closer.

"What shall we do today?"

"A walk in the woods?" he asks standing and holding out his hand.

"That sounds wonderful." I say taking it. We walk along a trail and I tell him about myself, since he asked. Then we come upon a field of violets and i pause.

"What are all these doing here?"

"My aunt used to grow them when she was alive, my mother also like to plant and she has a field of roses in another place of the woods."

"Oh that's beautiful. I want to see that too!"

"Let's go then." It takes a while for us to find them and the roses are wildly beautiful now.

"They used to be in neat orderly rows. It's amazing how fast they grew chaotic." He says gently touching a rose bud. I tap him.

"Shall we go back now?" I ask and he takes a breath.

"Yes let's go." We walk in silence for a while.

"Could I bring a friend tomorrow."

"Who is it?"

"A nice man named Mac who wants to meet you."