Chapter 5

I hurry to go find Mac once I leave his house. Vincent. Oh he's so mysterious and handsome. I'm so glad he said I could visit. I go to the town square and wait. Mac comes by a half hour later and sits next to me.

"How'd it go?"

"It was wonderfful. Outside was grimy and ugly but when Vincent opened the door inside was beutifully decorated. He gave me a tour of the house. It was wonderful and he said I could visit any time."

"That's intresting." he says.

"Why?"

"As much as I tried I never got a response no matter how much I knocked and tried to break in. The windows were thick so I couldn't break them after finding they were locked." he says and I frown.

"Now why would you do that. That's not very respectable." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"How about I ask Vincent tomorrow if you can come with me to his house the day after?"

"That sounds fine." he says. Mac talks about his day for a bit and then we take leave of each other. I make friends with the town leader's wife and she asks me to brunch. I of course say yes. I'm on the cusp of becoming famous so everyone who's anyone wants to know me. It's great because I get lots of donations, and gentlemen admirers who give me things. I always break things off because it never works out.

I spend the rest of the day with Ms. Vivian in her sunroom. I go back to the inn and find Vincent has left something for me at the front desk. A key and a note.

I probably won't answer the door for you every time so this is for you to just come in whenever you want.

I smile and run up the stairs. Finding Vincent was a great thing to happen and I can't wait to get to know more about him.