Chapter 30

I go in and he's sitting waiting.

"I hear there's someone else vying for your attention." he says right of the bat.

"He isn't vying for it. He has my attention Baldroy. All of my attention." I say keeping my hands behind my back, for now. It's not good when he gets angry. He's another reason why I wanted to travel so much.

"I see." he says and stands so his full height is on display. 6 foot 5 and blond with piercing blue eyes. Since I've been gone he's gained a scar.

"We never were a certain item Bal. You should find some other rich one to snag." I say and he slowly prowls towards me. Until now I'd never been worried he'd hurt me. He'd always been a doting admirer and unlike most men was used to willful ladies such as myself and was fine with me being such. We had never spoken of getting engaged to be married so I didn't think a second thought about him once I fell in love with Vincent.

"Oh Bal is it really upsetting I left you, when I know you have Jenna and Vanessa on call." I say and he pauses. He didn't know I knew that. Good. That'll make him rethink.

"I'm sorry." he says changing tactics. Like I knew he would.

"It was a moment of weakness." he says his face morphing to pained sadness.Oh he's so good at acting. You'd never know it was a lie unless you already knew everything. Sometimes even if you knew everything he could make the truth sound like a lie.

"I didn't mean to break your trust in me, but I want you back sweetheart."

"It's too late Baldroy. We're already engaged." I say finally revealing my ring. He stalks forward and snatches my hand to look at it.

"Pearls in the shape of a lily I see. Your favorite flower." he says and then locks eyes with me.

"Did you sleep with him already?"

"No of course not." I say snatching my hand away.