Chapter 34

As I approach all their eyes on me I feel them invade my mind I flinch but I keep going. It's only for a moment but I can feel their malicious intent very clearly before Vincent pushes them out of my mind to protect it.

"Talia. A pleasure to meet you." he says reaching for me and taking my hand and kisses it. He sighs.

"Human." he whispers and I flinch again and he lets go, smirking now.

"I thought I made it clear I never wanted to see you again." Vincent whispers.

"You know me. I never listen to things well." Jason says. Mac approaches.

"Who is this?"

"Our great great nephew." Vincent says and Jason's eyes widen in surprise and he turns to study him.

"My sister's?" he asks and Vincent nods. Jason walks up to him and continuous to study him. Mac sighs.

"Are you done yet."

"Oh he has attitude like sister. I like him." he says and pats Mac then turns back to me.

"But you. I'd still like to get to know you." Jason says and Vincent pulls me closer to him.

"I think we'll get to know each other over time Jason. I hope we'll be good friends." I say and Jason looks slightly surprised. Vincent looks displeased.

"Not happy with her then you should control her better." Jason says raising his voice back to regular speaking level and some people gasp.

"I don't control her Jason. You should learn how to treat women better." Vincent says.

"Both of you are acting like children." I say simply and they both turn to look at me wide eyed in surprise. I smile sweetly.

"Vincent darling. I'm glad your family could make it but it seems there's no room to seat them. We could have dinner at a restaurant later together maybe?" I say looking to Jason.

"Of course Talia." Jason says smoothly.

"We'll see you at Ovariel's." he says and he smirks at Vincent.

"We'll see you three later." he says and they leave.