Chapter 9

I open the door with my key and look around for Vincent.

"Vincent? Hello?" I say and he walks down the stairs.

"Oh there you are." I say and sigh in relief.

"So your friend is him." he says and that's when I remembered Mac saying he tried to break in and Vincent always knows when something is happening in or around his house. This was not a good idea now that I'm thinking about this.

"Vincent this is Mac. Mac, Vincent." I say quickly and Vincent reluctantly holds his hand out to shake. Mac complies just at reluctantly. I lead the conversation and Mac gets a tour of the house also. We end up back at the parlour and talk for a half hour. Mac stands.

"I think I'll leave now. I have to do things before it gets dark." he says and Vincent stands.

"Let me show you out." Vincent stands and motions for me to stay seated.

"I'd like to talk to him for a minute alone Talia." he says and I stay watching them walk off. Ten minutes later Vincent walks away.

"Mac said for you to meet him at the usual place tomorrow morning at noon." he says when getting back. I nod and he sits next to me and takes my hand.

"Do you mind staying past sunset? I have a secret to tell you and it's better to tell you after dark." he says and I start to open my mouth to answer when he shakes his head.

"No this is very big and it could affect how you think of me." he says and I pause.

"I'll stay." I say and he smiles.

"I'm glad."

"Well why don't we go for a walk into town." I say wanting to go show Vincent off.

"The sun hurts my eyes Talia. I can't go out remember."

"You can they'll get used to it quickly." I say and hold my hand out.

"Come on trust me." I say looking up at him.

"Only if you open your parasol."

"I will."

"Ok. Then I'll go." he says taking my hand. I smile and we leave holding hands.