Chapter 10

When we get close to town he lets go of my hand keeping his hands behind his back. I keep the parasol above us.

"Just so you know I never come into town. I grow my own vegetables and hunt the deer in the forest. I also never go out the house unless there's lots of shade, or at night time. No one knows who I am."

"You really need to talk to people. Glad I'm here right?"

"I am glad you're here, but I don't feel there's a need to talk to other people."

"Oh I see." There's awkward silence for a minute.

"Where will we go first?" he asks.

"The post office." I say. After that we stop by the town hall and I talk to the mayor.

"Could you tell Miss Vivian I hope to see her for brunch tomorrow here?"

"Of course Ms. Talia." the mayor says taking my hand and patting it.

"Thank you sir." I say. After that we go by the market. We get some things to eat and then head to my inn.

"I'll stay down here while you change. After want to play darts?"

"Oh I don't know about playing in a room full of people though." I say and he smiles.

"Don't focus on them just think about me, and the game." he says and I blush.

"Conceited are you?"

"Very much so." he says laughing softly. I smile then go upstairs changing into a plain dress and flats. I go back down and we play our game. He wins, again. After that we head back to Vincent's. He takes me to the highest tower and we watch the sunset together. He sighs happily when the darkness is complete.

"Darkness is always much better." he says and I smile.