Chapter 51

The next two days I don't speak to anyone and stay in my room. Someone leaves a plate of food for me outside at the same times we usually ate together. I finally come out and make breakfast for myself. The others silently come in and don't say a word and I think they already know, but then I notice Isla giving me curious glances and the girls look anxious. I'm curious as to where Jason is but restrain myself. FInally he comes in.

"Glad to see you out of your room." he whispers. I reach out to him with my mind.

I was giving you some space. Are you alright? You don't seem well. I say and he recoils internally but shows no outward signs.

I'm disappointed and disgusted with myself Talia. He says and then pulls completely out of my mind. I walk over to him and kiss his cheek. I tap my head and his conscious slides back in.

Forgive yourself, because I already have. I think then sit down.

"Good morning everyone." I say breaking the silence. Everyone murmurs a greeting. I go to tea will the girls, excluding Isla for lunch. We ride around town in the carriage for some sight seeing and then go home for dinner. I get ready for bed and then suddenly Vincent is at my window. I gasp and quickly open the window.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper hiss and he puts a finger over his mouth to signal silence. We talk to each other through thought for hours into the night and I fall asleep in his arms. The fifth night. Two more to go. I'm almost through, and after that, seven days until I'm married.