Chapter 41

We spent the night at the inn. We got two rooms. Jessamine and I share one and Jason gets the other. We get up early the next morning and have breakfast then get back in the carriage and ride for a couple hours. We finally get out and go into a nice house.

"This is Fenwick and Isla's house, big enough for all of us." he says and they all walk into the room. Fenwick and Isla from upstairs, Annariah and Silvia from the left that looks like the parlor, then Simion from the right room. The game room it seems.

"Just repeating for Talia's sake. No biting, and don't let her leave the house. Unless I'm with her." he says and they all nod. Jason leaves me with his daughter's. Anna, Silvia, and Jessie have me follow them upstairs to the Violet room, which will be mine for the week I'm here. I thank them and then realize, I have nothing to change into. We have to go shopping immediately. I go looking for Jason. I eventually find him with Fenwick, and Simeon in the game room.

"Could we go shopping? I need other clothes." I say and he pauses.

"Of course. Let us go at once." he says and I struggle not to roll my eyes. He's one for theatrics.

Jason and I leave again, this time alone. We go to the market center and when I find a dress I want to wear I pull out the money to pay but Jason beats me to it dropping down a gold piece.

"Jason." I says reproachful.

"You will not be paying for anything while under my roof."

"It's Fenwick and Isla's roof actually."

"My roof. What's theirs is mine as well."

"It doesn't work the other way around does it."

"Sometimes. It depends on the circumstances." he says and we continue on. Eventually we leave. I have a new ball gown being made, since we're having a party later in the week according to Jason. Two evening gowns, a morning gown, and two nighties.