Chapter 35

The three of us drift off to a corner alone.

"We're not going to meet him." Vincent says immediately.

"Yes we are and we're not discussing that. What I want to know is why you haven't talked about them before. Both of you." I say. Mac keeps his mouth shut and looks to Vincent to clear things up with me. Vincent looks flustered for once. Which is very amusing.

"I'm sorry." he says and bumps Mac who glares at him.

"I'm not the one engaged to her, it should've been you telling her before just now."

"Aren't the two of you like best friends or something?" Vincent says now fully trying to get the blame off him.

"Engagement trumps friendship." Mac says simply. I finally clear my throat to get their attention.

"So it's agreed you both are at fault but it's more Vincent's. I want to know about Jason before we get there."

"I'll tell you on the carriage ride over. For now let's enjoy your sister's wedding." he says. I nod.

"Alright then." I say. Vincent and I link arms and the three of us walk back to our tables. Baldroy is waiting for us to return.

"Your cousin Jason huh?"

"Don't even attempt to hurt him. How I dodged that gunshot is nothing compared to him. Unlike me he'd gleefully kill you." Vincent says and Baldroy freezes.

"What?" he says. I sigh.

"He can read minds." I whisper to him.

"Jason can also. Except he doesn't care about your safety. So your failed attempt with Vincent will be the same with Jason. Except he will kill you."

"You both knew this entire time."

"Of course." Vincent and I say in unison and that's the end of our conversation.