Chapter 44

I'm silent for a moment.

"I'm sure he meant to tell me after we were married." I say meekly.

"Oh yes. Of course he would." he says.

"If he asked though would you say yes?"

"What do you mean if. Of course he'll ask me."

"How do you know what he'll do. You didn't know about this until just now."

"How would becoming one of you happen?" I say changing the subject.

"Getting bitten and some of your blood sucked then drinking some of another's blood. You're physically tied to that person." he says and I nod. That gives me a lot to think about. I'm silent the rest of tea time, and the carriage ride home. We get there and I go to my room and stay locked in there reading until lunch. We talk pleasantries and current events which is very boring and then I go lock myself back up in my room. I think about Vincent and the things said. I think it might be Jason just trying to mess with my head and make me lose confidence. If Vincent were here I wouldn't be concerned at all. I sigh.

I miss Vincent and it hasn't been long since I last saw him. I hope this week is over quickly so I can see him. By dinnertime I'm assured in myself again and go to the table. Tomorrow we'll go back to the market for the ball gown fitting, just in time for the dance. I go to my room but I can't sleep. I want to leave this place. Everyone's nice but I know if I try to leave I might get severely hurt. I don't want that to happen. I sigh and look at my ring thinking of Vincent. After a moment I kiss and go to bed. Six more days.