Chapter 16

Two days pass and not a word is said from him and the more time goes by the more I ache. I want to see him, but he said we need some space. I don't want him to get any more angry with me The third day I get a telegram from my father. I have to return home immediately. I've never been more grateful for his summons in my life and immediately pack. I leave two notes, one for the mayor and his wife and one for Vincent. Maybe we weren't meant to last and it's best this way. I leave as the sun is setting. I'm sure I'll be getting on the train as it grows dark, if he even bothers to come see me he'll now I'm gone. If he doesn't I'm sure someone will be kind enough to pass on my note. Mac see's me off to the train station and I almost get teary eyed.

"I'll really miss you Mac."

"Oh come now Tal, you'll embarrass me in front of all these people if you get weepy on me." he says and I smile.

"Can't have that happen hmm?" I say and the train whistle blows a warning.

"Well I'll come back sometime and I'll be sure you're the first person I visit." I say.

"What of Vincent?"

"I don't know at all Mac." I say and turn away and get on the train. It's time for me to move on I guess. There's more to life than dreams of true love. I'll continue my adventures after this trip to see Father and everyone. There's still so much to explore.