Chapter 28

Today we've taken lots of steps forward together. We decided on a wedding date and he proposed. Now he's taking me somewhere more private so he can eat. Of course, I'm slightly nervous but I want to do this. We pack up quickly and leave through the opposite entrance of the carriage and he pulls me into the closest alley far into the corner shadows. He lets go of my hand and slowly backs away from me until his back is against the stone wall and he crosses his arms.

"This is your last chance. Do you really want to?" he whispers.

"I'm offended you think I'll change my mind." I say simply and he smiles and opens his arms again.

"Then come here." I walk over to him and he gently fold me into his arms pulling me flush against him. He bends down and kisses my cheek then his lips staying on me slowly gliding down to my neck where he stays for a moment and breaths in. I sigh and he growls slightly.

"Stay as still as you can darling. I'm trying to hold back. I don't want to hurt you." he says. I don't say or do anything. He sighs and pushed at my collar to slide my dress partially off one shoulder. He quickly pierces his teeth in my shoulder and I let out a small hiss. He growls and pulls back and licks the puncture mark then bites again right where he left the mark and has his fill of my blood. When he's finished he gently pulls my dress back up and kisses my cheek. I cup my hand around his chin.

"Why don't you actually kiss me?" I ask and he chuckles.

"All kinds of temptations from you today." he says and I laugh. His hands fall back to my waist again wrapping around me.

"What's one more worth? We'll be married in two-"

"And half months yes. But if I kiss you it'll be that much harder for me to wait." he says. I sigh knowing I won't change his mind.

"Alright then, but when you're hungry, make sure to come see me."

"I'll go even if I'm not." he says. We stand there for a few moments more before he lets go.

"It's time I get you back home." he says and I sigh. He chuckles and we link arms again and slowly make our way back to the carriage.