Chapter 24

I get home and Melody is waiting at the door for me.

"He's your Vincent you spoke of. No wonder you fell so hard. SO handsome, and such impeccable manners." she says and smiles at me. I can't completely hold back the blush that comes.

"My goodness Melody!" I say and she laughs then softens.

"You really do love him don't you. You didn't say that but I could obviously tell, as could Mother." she says and I huff.

"I don't want you, Mother, or anyone else interfering." I say. She slowly nods.

"I can account for no interference from me but you have to get a pledge from anyone else." she says. I sigh. She smiles gently and rubs my arm.

"Whatever happened I'm sure he doesn't plan on letting you go. The two of you looked so sweet together when he took your hand outside earlier." she says and I roll my eyes.

"You should forgive him for what he did, but don't make it so easy." she says smiling slyly.

"Oh no sister, I'm not playing along with whatever mind games you want to happen. Besides, it's impossible to do that with Vincent. He can practically read minds." I say.

"Baldroy was asking after you again." she says and I roll my eyes. Baldroy was my childhood playmate and as we grew older he decided I would be the one he married. He asked after my hand repeatedly. It got so annoying that was half of the reason I left.

"Don't dare do anything to mess things up even worse." I say and walk away.