Chapter 23

My lovely Talia was not at all happy to see me. Now I can't help but think of Mac's words, it most certainly is my fault. I know that now and it annoys me that he's right. I was going about the courting wrong. We got to close too fast and I pulled back a tiny bit so that she her name wouldn't be besmirched by others but it did the opposite of what I wanted.

It made her think I was pulling away because I was falling out of interest or something along those lines I think. I knew she was feeling out of sorts but I made it worse by saying we need time apart. I need to get her trust back. I need a plan.

I think hard. Talia's sister is getting married next month. Melody that's it. She's getting married so Talia needs to be here for the wedding preparations. So I will stay here and court her more properly then ask her father for her hand before I propose. That's what I've decided as I step into the hotel. I turn just inside the doors to see Mac still talking to Talia. He entirely annoys me. I really wish we weren't very very distantly related.

He finishes talking to her and he walks in and pauses next to me.

"Didn't ask for rooms yet did you." he says.

"No." I say. He shakes his head.

"It's going to be hard for you with her. She's a stubborn one."

"I know, but I'm even more so. With many years to craft it." I say and a small laugh slides out his mouth. He shakes his head in disbelief.

"You are something else. Come on then let's get settled in and you can tell me how long we'll be here." he says.