Chapter 21

Everyone heads back inside and all the family gathers together curious to see these guests of mine. I introduce everyone.

"This is Mr. Maximilian Jonathan and Mr. Vincent Hardon."

"Just call me Mac." he says and sends me an annoyed glance. I resist my urge to roll my eyes.

"These are my siblings. Melody, Camilla, Henry, and Jacob. Melody's fiance Neil, and Henry's girlfriend Jenara." I finish. Mother and Father introduce themselves.

"Jamerson." Father says and shakes their hands.

"Lilia." Mother says and bobs her head. Mac and Vincent step back and then Vincent turns his gaze to me.

"We need to talk." he says.

"There's nothing to talk about with that. I'm glad to see the both of you though." I say and start to turn but I hear him slide into my mind and hear him think.

Look at me.

My head snaps back in that direction. He looks calm on the surface but I see the anger in his eyes.

We will speak. You have no choice.

I do have choice and I will not.

I harrumph and stalk over to Melody. Then I pause and think.

"Oh yes. I almost forgot to ask. You'll be staying at a hotel right? Which one will it be?" I say and can't help a small satisfactory smile.

"The Marrit" Mac says.

"Why don't you escort them there?" Mother says.

"Yes that would be nice, since we don't know the way." Vincent says.

"Also the carriage we temporarily hired drove away." Mac says. Great, just my luck.