Chapter 20

I tell Melody an abbreviated emotionless version of my tryst with Vincent and she sympathizes with me. A couple days pass and as Melody, Camilla, Jenara, Mom and I are walking out to the carriage another one drives in. The door opens and out jump Mac and Vincent. I gasp and cover my mouth.

"What are the two of you doing here?" I whisper.

"You left without a word to me." Vincent says and a fit of anger rolls through me. I keep my mouth closed until I supress it somewhat.

"I thought you didn't want to speak with me, besides I left a note." I say and he looks to Mac.

"Oh right, may have forgot." he says and passes it to Vincent.

"Wait what are you doing in the sun. You need to be inside!" I say and he frowns.

"I don't care about the sun bothering me I had to see you." he says and I finally actually look into his eyes. He tilts his head slightly.

"Come here please." he whispers and I'm under his spell. I slowly walk over and stop five feet away from him. He reaches for my hand and spins me in a circle.

"You look beautiful as always." he says and I flush. He then pulls back and I open my parasol and cover him.

"Since you're here you should meet my family, you too Mac." I say and he steps up to briefly kiss my cheek.

"Missed you Tal." he says and Vincent glares at him.

"Tal?" he says and Mac shrugs.

"There's really no reason for you to be mad."