Chapter 25

The next day Vincent comes right after breakfast.

"Mr. Jamerson can I speak to you please?" he says and father nods.

"Of course Vincent. Let's go to the drawing room." he says and leads him there. My goodness I wonder if he's doing what I think he's doing in there? They spend a quarter hour in there talking and I hide when the door opens and watch them come out. Father looks jovial and pats Vincent on the shoulder enthusiastically.

"Glad you'll be around. I'll go and find Talia."

"No need. She's right there." she says and turns. I sigh and step out. Father shakes his head.

"I wouldn't have even known. How could you tell."

"I always know when she's close by." Vincent says and we lock eyes. We just stare at each other for a minute before father clears his throat. I blush and look away. Vincent comes closer.

"Would you do me the honor of having lunch with me today?" he asks and I sigh. I can't say no when he smiles at me like that. I really love him and if he followed me all this way I'm willing to forgive him, after some struggling.

"I might. There's plans for Melody's wedding you know I can't skip." I say.

"It's fine go out with him darling." Father says. Vincent smiles smugly.

"Alright then." I say and he holds out his arm.

"Let's go on a carriage ride first. I want to know all your favorite spots in the city."

"I need to change first." I say and he grabs my hand.

"You really don't. You look perfect in everything." he say and I melt. He never lies to me. That I know. So him saying this is really sweet.