Prologue

Cloudheart slowly drifts off to sleep, not expecting anything special to happen in her dreams. However, the opens her eyes to see that she is in StarClan. She is happy to see Addertooth approach her.

"Addertooth! It's nice to see you again." Cloudheart meows happily. The brown tom then shushes the small medicine cat.

"I have something very important to share with you." Addertooth meows, looking down at her.

"What is it?" Cloudheart then asks, tilting her head a little.

"Keep this in mind, because it can determine either the survival or the downfall of the clans." Addertooth notes. Cloudheart nods. She is a bit excited though because this is her first time receiving something important from StarClan.

"Two small kits will grow into very strong cats, work together, and save all five clans from eventual doom." Addertooth meows. "Now, I should get going. Goodbye, Cloudheart." He meows. Then, Cloudheart wakes up from her dream. It is still dark outside, as she could see outside of the medicine cat den.

I need to tell Ashstar about this, as soon as possible. Cloudheart thinks. Maybe the two kits the prophecy is talking about are Graycloud's kits? Bearkit and Sagekit? Cloudheart wonders. Either way, I still need to make sure Ashstar knows. She thinks, getting up out of her nest. She takes a few minutes to stretch and yawn before heading out of the medicine cat den.

Once she exits the den, she heads over to the leader den, hoping she wouldn't have to wake up her leader. She peeks inside the den and luckily for her, Ashstar is awake.

"Oh, you're awake." Cloudheart meows.

"I haven't been able to fall asleep yet. I guess I'm still bothered by what Foxstar did at the past gathering." Ashstar meows.

The newly named leader of SkyClan is not the ideal cat for a leader. He is rude, demanding, and wants complete control. He made a rude remark to Ashstar at the last gathering, and it has been bothering Ashstar since.

"Get over it, Foxstar is all meow no bite." Cloudheart meows, growling a little at the thought of the aggressive leader. "Anyways, I received a message from StarClan in a dream. That's what I came here to tell you." She informs her leader.

"Oh.. what was the message?" Ashstar asks the small white-furred medicine cat.

"Addertooth told me that two small kits will grow into very strong warriors, work together, and save all five clans from eventual doom." Cloudheart meows. "I thought prophecies weren't supposed to be this clear, but we know everything except who the two small kits are." She meows.

"Do you think it's Bearkit and Sagekit?" Ashstar asks Cloudheart.

"That's what I'm thinking, but we won't know for sure until it actually happens." Cloudheart replies. "They could be any two kits, but they are the first two that came to my mind since they are two littermates." She meows.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens." Ashstar replies.

"Yep." Cloudheart replies with a nod. "It was nice talking with you, Ashstar. Try to get some sleep, okay? If you need anything you can come to me." She meows.

"Thank you, Cloudheart. I think I might sleep okay now." Ashstar replies. Cloudheart then leaves the leader's den and heads back to the medicine cat den. She curls back up in her nest and falls back asleep.