Chapter 29

It is the next day. Bearclaw pads through ShadowClan territory beside Mistystorm. It is just the two of them. They left camp to discuss the prophecy.

"We still have no idea what to do about the prophecy." Mistystorm meows.

"Yeah.. do you think it will just come to us or will we have to do something first?" Bearclaw asks.

"I know just as much as you do, Bearclaw." Mistystorm replies as they begin to get closer to SkyClan's territory. Bearclaw lets out a sigh.

"It's an honor to be a part of a prophecy, but this is so frustrating.." Bearclaw meows.

"I agree." Mistystorm replies. Then, her eyes widen and she looks over at Bearclaw.

"Look, over there. Do you see that? It's Foxstar and Blacktail!" Mistystorm whispers. Bearclaw looks over and spots them. They just so happened to chat near the ShadowClan border. Mistystorm and Bearclaw crouch down low and sneak underneath a few bushes near the border, deciding to listen in on their conversation.

"So, what's the big plan?" Foxstar asks Blacktail.

"So, we are going to attack all of the clans and win. Then, we will unite all of the clans into one with you as leader and me as deputy." Blacktail meows.

"That sounds like a great idea, Blacktail! You truly are a clever cat." Foxstar replies. "We just need to find out how we are going to accomplish it all. We need to have a master plan with perfect timing." He meows.

"Yeah, you're right." Blacktail meows. "How about we just brainstorm about it for some time and then discuss? We need lots of time to think about it for the plan to be perfect." He meows.

"Yes, that sounds good." Foxstar replies. "Let's head back to camp now." He meows. Then, Mistystorm and Bearclaw watch as the two cats walk away.

"Oh my god, talk about perfect timing!" Bearclaw meows once they have left.

"We need to tell Ashstar about this, as soon as possible!" Mistystorm meows. Bearclaw nods in response and the two cats dash back to camp to share the news with Ashstar. Once they get back to camp, they try to act calm in front of their clanmates, but they go straight towards Ashstar's den.

"Ashstar!" The two cats say in unison once they walk in.

"What is it you two?" Ashstar asks. "You two seem like you have something very important on your minds." She meows.

"Yes, we do." Mistystorm replies.

"We were just walking around the territory, discussing the prophecy. But then, when we got  near the SkyClan border, we saw Blacktail and Foxstar chatting. So, we spied on them. We learned that they are planning to attack all of the clans and unite the five clans into one with Foxstar as the leader and Blacktail as the deputy!" Bearclaw explains.

"Oh, there's no way that will happen on ShadowClan's watch!" Ashstar replies in a big way, seeming pretty upset about the plan. "You two, keep on spying on them for me. We need to learn more about their plan so we can find a way to stop them. SkyClan is deadly enough by itself, but with Blacktail's rogues it will be very bloody if both of them attack us. Tell me everything you hear. We need to do something about this before it's too late." Ashstar meows.

"Yeah, we will make sure to do that, Ashstar." Mistystorm replies, nodding respectfully at her leader.

"How many times should we try to spy on them?" Bearclaw asks curiously.

"Maybe every few days or so." Ashstar suggests. "There's no way they're going to attack right away with that knowledge. Knowing Blacktail, they're going to discuss it a lot." She meows.

"Thank you, Ashstar." Bearclaw meows with a nod.

"Yes, thank you." Mistystorm meows.

"Now, you two can just relax for now. I bet hearing about that was a lot on both of you." Ashstar meows. The two young warriors nod and exit the leader's den.

Is this what the prophecy is talking about? Bearclaw thinks.