Chapter 22

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short!

Bearclaw returns from going on dawn patrol, dashing happily back into camp in front of the rest of the patrol. He spots Mistystorm and charges towards her, tackling her down to the ground. Mistystorm lets out a surprised meow.

"Hey!" Mistystorm meows. "Where did that come from?!" She asks.

"I don't know, I just wanted to play around a little." Bearclaw replies. "You should've seen your face!" He meows, pinning the gray she-cat down to the ground.

"Can you get off me now?" Mistystorm replies, but she can't help but purr a little.

"Oh, sorry." Bearclaw meows, getting off of the she-cat.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the high branch for a meeting!" Bearclaw suddenly hears Ashstar's voice call. The two warriors then move closer to the high branch.

"Two young kits have reached the age of six moons and are ready to become apprentices." Ashstar announces.

Oh! Dovekit and Sootkit are becoming apprentices! I'd like to train one of them. Bearclaw thinks.

Bearclaw watches as the two kits walk over to where the clan is gathered. Wolfclaw, the kits' mother, follows behind them. She sits down with the two kits.

"Sootkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Sootpaw. Your mentor will be Graycloud. I hope Graycloud will pass down all she knows on to you." Ashstar says, her icy gaze looking down at the kit, but then it shifts over to Bearclaw's mother. "Graycloud, you are ready to have your first apprentice. You have received excellent training from Ivyleaf and you have shown yourself to be a kind and brave warrior. You will be the mentor of Sootpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him."

Sootpaw walks over to Graycloud and touches noses with the warrior.

"Sootpaw! Sootpaw!" The clan cheers.

Then, Ashstar's gaze changes. Bearclaw watches as it shifts over to Dovekit.

"Dovekit, you have also reached the age of six moons, and it is also time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Dovepaw. Your mentor will be Moonheart. I hope Moonheart will pass down all she knows on to you." Ashstar says, her gaze shifts over to the tabby she-cat. "Moonheart, you are ready to take on your first apprentice. You have received excellent training from Applebranch, and you have shown yourself to be a skilled and faithful warrior. You will be the mentor of Dovepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her."

Bearclaw watches as Dovepaw dashes over to Marshshade. They then touch noses. "Dovepaw! Dovepaw!" The clan cheers.

"The clan meeting is now dismissed." Ashstar then meows, leaping down from the high branch.

Mouse-dung! No apprentice yet! Bearclaw thinks.