6) .The Child Below.

(Edited)

.The Beast Below.

~Catherine Wood~

"Well?" The Doctor asked. "Anything you want to say? Any passing remarks? I've heard them all." 

I shot him a look, a small smile on my face. 

He sighed. "Except for Catherine's. Her's was new."

"I'm in my nightie," Amelia said, looking down at herself. 

The Doctor waved a dismissive hand. "Oh, don't worry. Plenty of clothes in the wardrobe ... and possibly a swimming pool ..." I laughed and the Doctor smiled. He turned back to Amelia. "So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you lovely ladies want to start?"

"You are so sure that I'm coming," Amelia questioned.

"Yeah, I am," The Doctor responded simply.

"Why?" 

The Doctor thought on that for a moment then shrugged. "Cause you're the Scottish girl in the English village, and I know how that feels."

"Oh do you?" 

He nodded. "All these years living here, most of your life, and you've still got that accent. Yeah, you're coming." 

Amelia nodded once, satisfied. "What about her?" Amy asked, pointing to me.

"Catherine?" 

They were talking about me as if I wasn't even there.

"Yeah. Why bring her if she wasn't there fourteen years ago? You took her to space to see the moon and you had only met her." 

I placed a hand on The Doctor's shoulder, indicating for him to let me answer. "I'm just like you, living in a place that I don't belong," I told her. 

She shot me a confused look. 

"I may look human, but I'm not, and the Doctor took me to explain what and who I truly am." 

She looked at me with a little more clarity. 

"I'm the last of my kind, and I don't know if I will ever understand why. I've lived since the beginning of time and I can't remember. That's why I'm here." I looked over to the Doctor who had an encouraging yet sad smile on his face. "So I can understand where I'm coming from and to give the Doctor the company he needs, because he is like me and knows what I'm feeling."

"I couldn't have said it better myself," The Doctor added. 

I broke into a wide smile.

"Can you get me back before tomorrow morning?" Amelia asked suddenly.

"It's a time machine," The Doctor explained, yet again. "I can get you back five minutes ago." He looked at her, comprehending her question.

"Why?" I asked back. "What's tomorrow."

"Nothing," she said. I knew she was hiding something. "Nothing. Just ... you know ... stuff." What stuff?

"Alright," The Doctor declared, satisfied. "Back in time for stuff." The Doctor rushed around the console just as a wand like object came out of a small slot. "Oo, a new one! Lovely." He pat the center tube that was pulsing up and down. "Thanks, dear." The TARDIS groaned in delight. I smiled.

"Her pleasure," I muttered.

"What?"

"She said it was her pleasure." The Doctor shook his head in disbelief, but wore a small smile.