22) .No Vampires of Venice.

(Edited)

.The Vampires in Venice.

~Catherine Wood~

We had our plan ... well ... sort of. We knew we had to get back into the building to see what was going on. We didn't have a set plan, but more of a basis. So, Rory, Amelia, the Doctor, and I went to go find Guido again, and tell him what we wanted to do. He had a quaint home, nicely decorated, though now that it didn't have a woman to keep it tidy, there were things that started piling up in the corners of the kitchen. A map of Venice lay on the table and he pointed to multiple things, explaining what they were to us. 

"As you saw," he started, "there's no clear way in. The House of Calvierri is like a fortress. But there's a tunnel underneath it, with a ladder and shaft that leads up into the house. I tried to get in once myself, but I hit a trapdoor."

The Doctor nodded, a confused look on his face. For once in his life, he didn't know what to do.

"You need someone on the inside," Amelia decided and the Doctor's head whipped towards her. So did mine.

"No." he said.

Amelia crossed her arms over her chest. "You don't even know what I was going to say."

I rolled my eyes. "That we pretend you're an applicant for the school to get you inside, and tonight you come down and open the trapdoor to let us in," I explained.

Amelia's jaw dropped. "Oh. So you do know what I was going to say."

"Yes, and I think it is a brilliant plan," I told her.

It was true. Have someone on the inside and that is just what you get. A spy who is able to get what's going on, and others outside that can take it down at a moment's notice.

Rory shook his head. "Are you insane?"

"We don't have another option," Amelia said.

"The Doctor will say no, Amy. Listen to him." 

"There is another option," Guido added, pointing to the bunches of barrels Rory was sitting on. Rory looked behind him as well. "I work at the Arsenale. We build the warships for the navy."

"Gunpowder," I pointed out, not liking the sound of that.

The Doctor shook his head, as if agreeing with my thoughts. "Most people just nick stationery from where they work," he mumbled. "Look, I have a thing about guns and huge quantities of explosive."

"What do you suggest, then?" Guido asked angrily. "We wait until they turn her into an animal?" 

"I'll be there three, four hours, tops?" Amelia muttered just so everyone could hear her try and bribe them.

The Doctor shook his head, more urgently this time. "No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no," he repeated. "It can't keep happening like this. This is how they go. But I have to know."

How who go? I wondered. I knew the Doctor had other people traveling the universe with him, but what had happened to them? Things like this?

"We go together," he decided. "Say you're my daughter."

"Your daughter?" Amelia spat. "You look about nine."

She was right about that one.

"Brother then."

"Too weird. Fiance."

I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm not having him run around telling people he's your fiance," Rory complained.