18) .Blood and Bone.

(Edited)

.Flesh and Stone.

~Catherine Wood~

The jump made me very dizzy. My back hit the hard metal while everyone else landed standing. I groaned and rolled on my side.

"Up!" The Doctor called. "Look up!"

I did and saw the Angel's hanging from the ceiling ... or floor ... River came over to me and held her hand out.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded and took her hand so she could pull me up. "Yeah, just got a little light headed, that's all."

River smiled and squeezed my hand. "You've always been bad with gravity switches."

I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"Now there's a good story."

"What happened?" Amelia asked, rubbing her head.

"We jumped," River told her.

"Jumped where?"

"Up," the Doctor repeated. "We jumped up."

"But where are we?"

"We haven't moved," River said, getting a little annoyed at this point.

"Yes we-"

"We are on the ceiling," I told her, rolling my eyes.

She looked at her feet. The Doctor moved over to the hatch and sonicked it open.

"The artificial gravity," the Doctor explained. "One good jump, and up we fell. Shot out the grav globe to give us an updraft, and here we are."

"On the Byzantium?"

"Yep!"I confirmed.

"Doctor," Father Octavian intruded. "The angels are starting to look a lot like angels now."

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage," he said, "draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army." Out flashlights went out. "They're taking out the lights. Look at them. Look at the Angels. Into the ship, now. Quickly, all of you." He hopped inside.

"Doctor!" Amelia screamed, thinking he had fallen through and somehow ended up killing himself.

"It's just a corridor," he said. "The gravity orientates to the floor."

Indeed it did. When I looked in, I saw he was standing sideways on the inside of the corridor.

"Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move."

We all hopped in right after him, the soldiers and Father Octavian going last, pointing their guns at the ready.

"Okay men, go! Go! Go!"

Once we were huddled inside, the Doctor working furiously on the controls for the next door that would lead us closer to the heart of the ship.

"Okay. so we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah?" Amelia asked. "So what if the gravity fails?"

"I've thought about that," the Doctor responded.

"And?"

"And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See? I've thought about it. " he hit Amelia on the head lightly with his sonic screwdriver. "The security protocols are still live. There's no way to override them. It's impossible."

"How impossible?" River wondered.

"Two minutes."

The lights blinked off and on and off again, making us unable to see the angels, but making the changes in their movement all the more obvious.