CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: Kneeling

After talking about the plan, Aeron gave me my space, leaving me alone in my office. Hinilot ko ang aking sentido, pilit na pinapakalma ang sistema kong nabalot ng iba't ibang emosyon. I'm in over my head. I don't want to pass the buck to Aeron, but I can't deny the fact that I need his help somehow. I don't want to run from it too. I will take the bull by the horns.

Though this is too much to take, I have to get my act together. This isn't the time to be dramatic or to show vulnerability. Kailangan kong harapin ang problemang 'to. I have to deal with RB.

If this is a declaration of war, I'm in. He gave me destruction. I'll give him hell.

"Kidrea," Jenny tapped on my door and poked her head in. "Nandito si Sir Kyle."

"Let him in..." utas ko at inayos ang aking sarili saka sumandal nang upo.

The door swung open and my father came in. He gave me a warm smile, I also did the same. But my smile slowly faded nang mapagtantong hindi siya mag-isang nagpunta sa office ko. May kasunod siyang pumasok at unti-unting kumunot ang noo ko habang pinagmamasdan ang huling pumasok.

Nagtama ang tingin naming dalawa. I know I've seen her somewhere pero hindi ko maalala kung sa'n at kailan. Her eyes kind of resemble someone's.

"Kidrea, I came here because... I-I have something to tell you," si Daddy na nag-aalangan pang magsalita.

Nanatili ang tingin ko sa babaeng nakatayo sa likuran niya. Pinagmasdan ko siya mula ulo hanggang paa. She looks elegant in her shimmering silver halter neck dress, and a long, graduate bob hair. Her hooded brown eyes looked soulful, and her red lips set in a grim line.

I couldn't stop wondering where I saw her. But when my gaze drifted to her hand, my eyes grew wide when I finally realized who she was. Nag-angat ako nang matalim na tingin kay Daddy at bahagya siyang nagtaka sa ekspresyon ko.

"A-Anak, what's wrong?"

"With all due respect, Dy..." Tumikhim ako't tumayo. "Don't ask me an obvious question."

They exchanged glances then looked back at me. "Kidrea—"

"How dare you bring that woman here, Dy! Where did you get the guts to bring her in front of me?!"

"Watch your mouth, young lady!" she advanced towards me but my father stopped her.

"Wala kang karapatang pangaralan ako! You're just my father's mistress!" I shouted.

Their eyes widened as they heard my words. Kumunot ang noo ni Daddy at binaba ang kamay niyang nakaharang sa babae.

"Mistress? Where did you get that idea?" mariin na utas ni Daddy, isang beses siyang humakbang papalapit sa'kin.

Tears started to well in my eyes as I swallowed hard. "I saw you two in an exclusive restaurant days ago! I tried not to judge you two that night! Inisip ko na baka isa lang sa mga ka-business deals mo, Dy! But when I saw you holding that woman's hand, that's when I realized she's not just your client!"

Bahagyang napaatras si Daddy sa mga sinabi ko. He inhaled and sighed sharply as he massaged his forehead.

"Kyle..." the woman's hand touched my father's shoulder, making my blood boil even more.

Hinawi ko ang kamay niyang humawak kay Daddy at napaatras naman siya sa ginawa ko.

"Is that how you treat—"

"Sa'yo lang ako ganito! You deserve it because you're homewrecker!"

"You don't know what you're saying, Kidrea..." nagtiim-bagang siya, halatang nagpipigil ng galit.