Loki X Reader: Dinner with Family [Short Story]

A/N: So, as you know this is a very long story, it's almost 6000 words. It was originally supposed to be a One-Shot but I got a little carried away and kinda made it too long. So, I guess it's a super long One-Shot, let's just call it a short story. Anyways, this is quite the lengthily one, I hope you enjoy! <3

-----------------------------------

Loki stepped out of the taxi and walked around and opened the door for you, holding out his hand, you took his hand and got out, letting him close the door behind you. You payed the driver and watched him drive off before turning around to look at Loki, you straightened his black tie and moved a few strands of hair out of his face that weren't slicked back properly, you were about to straighten his blazer and tuck in his white shirt but he stopped you and buttoned it up himself, "That's enough" He said. "How awful do I look?" You asked, looking down at your boots and tights covered in cat hair, you pulled down the sleeve of your sweater, "I think you might have dressed up a little too much for this, I told you to wear something not to formal, so you put your suit on?" You mumbled nervously.

"There's nothing wrong with how I'm dressed" He said, leading you up the stairs that lead to your parent's apartment, "Okay, so... Do you remember what I told you?" You asked, about to press the buzzer but looked over at Loki.

"What's wrong with how I talk? I am a realm that is not like yours" He said.

"There's nothing wrong with how you talk, I just don't want you insulting my parents or anything like that... No calling anyone a 'mewling quim', no 'pathetic mortal', no 'I'm a god', none of that, all right?" You asked.

Loki frowned as you straightened his black tie once more, "How am I supposed to make conversation when I have nothing to say?" He asked.

"Just tell them that... You're... Uh... Well I already told them you were Thor's brother, the one that tried to kill him but that you're very sweet and kind and I love you so... Hopefully everything goes well" You said, smiling innocently.

"What exactly have you told your family about me?" Loki asked.

You smiled innocently and pressed the buzzer, "Mum, we're here!" You spoke into the intercom.

"Oh, come up dear" A voice said, there was a loud buzzer that rang, Loki looked around in panic but saw you open the door.

"It makes a buzzer noise when it unlocks..." You said, gently pushing him into the lobby, you walked in and closed the door behind you and pressed the elevator button, "Now, I should mention that my family can me a little... Overwhelming..." You uttered, kissing his cheek.

"How do you mean?" He asked.

"Oh, you'll see" You said, pulling him into the elevator, you watched as the doors closed.

Once the elevator doors opened, you pulled him out of the elevator and down the hallway, you took a deep breath about to knock but saw your brother that was perhaps bigger than The Almighty Thor himself, open the door and cheer in excitement as he gave you a gentle hug, "(Y/N)'s here!" He exclaimed, welcoming you inside.

"How many siblings do you have?" Loki asked.

"Excluding me, I have four older brothers" You said, pulling him into the apartment, closing the door behind you both.

"(Y/N)!" Your eldest brother shouted, running up to you, he picked you up and hugged you tightly, "Hello Mason" You squeaked, as he set you down.

"Who's this?" He asked, glaring at Loki, "He's scrawny looking" He laughed, gently nudging him.