Loki X Deaf!Reader: Communication Problems (O-S!)

Loki X Deaf!Reader: Communication Problems (One-Shot!)

Asgard

You were sitting in your room reading, you were the only one in Asgard that was deaf. You had learned to speak sign language but no one could often understand you, you felt rather lonely. Suddenly there was a knock on your door, you put down your book and walked up to the door opening it. You saw Loki walk in and give you a soft smile.

You looked at him curiously, you had no idea why Frigga’s son Loki had decided to pay you a visit, you watched him write down something on a note pad.

Loki held it up so you could read it.

I’ve come to connect with you, my mother told me you were deaf so I thought I’d might try and use my magic to try and communicate with you.

You looked at Loki and shook your head knowing it probably wouldn’t work.

“You must have hope darling” Loki said, he sighed and ripped off the piece of paper and scrunched it up throwing it on the floor, he quickly began writing again, he then held it up to you.

When I was in Midgard, I learned a bit of sign language, he may not be the best…

You read the pad of paper and nodded, you walked over to your bed sitting down watching Loki looking at him curiously.

Loki ripped the piece of paper from the pad and scrunched it into a ball throwing it behind him, he put the pad of paper down along with a pen, he began moving his hands.

You looked at Loki confused having no idea what he was saying, What? You asked.

Loki sighed and picked up his pad of paper and began to write.

I said, how are you today?

You looked at the pad and nodded, That’s not what you said You replied.

Loki ripped off the piece of paper and scrunch it up and throw it aside.

“Yes it is, you idiot” Loki growled slightly, he sighed taking a deep breath, “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to get angry…” Loki muttered softly.

You looked at Loki confused not being able to read his lips.

Loki began writing again; he showed you the pad of paper.

I got a little frustrated, I apologize darling… Would you mind if I used some of my magic on you?

You shook your head, This is not going to work Loki, many sorcerers have tried curing me of being deaf, nothing had worked, I’m stuck like this.

Loki looked at you sadly.

You got up and walked out onto the balcony looking out to the beautiful city, you gently rested your hands on the rail sighing sadly.

Loki walked out onto the balcony, “I will do everything I can to cure your deafness… If I have to go to the pits of Muspelheim, I don’t care…” Loki said sternly.

You hated not being able to hear anything, you couldn’t hear the birds singing in the morning, not the sound of the music Asgardians would sing at festivals.

“I will do it because I love you… I’ve always loved you… Ever since we were children… I just never had the courage to tell you…” Loki muttered softly.

You turned around and saw Loki standing behind you talking away.

“I mean I know you can’t hear me, but I wish you could… I even told my mother that I’m in love with you… I know I’m babbling… But maybe if I kiss you, you would understand” Loki said.